Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beddinge 3-seater sofabed from Ikea

Finally, I've saved some moolahs to buy the sofabed from Ikea. Why a sofabed? This is so that my sisters/family can sleep on it when they come here for a night or two.  We only have 1 guestroom with a queen sized bed and I don't think that it is sufficient especially when more than 2 guests are around. Some more I felt like I wanted to change my current sofa hence the sofabed is the best choice. 


Probably I'll buy a nicer sofa for the living room once I have the ka-ching and I can bring the sofabed upstairs :). 


The total cost inclusive of the frame, sofabed cover and the bed is RM799.  You have to collect the 3 items yourself from the aisle stated on the tag.  We paid them to install the frame, it's 5% of the total frame cost - only RM12.

What will happen to our existing sofa? Well, I'm gonna send the 3-seater for recycling while I keep the one seater and lounge seat for now. :)

The bedframe..the before look :)
Tadaa! The after look..and no, Ikea does not give a husband as part of the package. :p

The cost price of the sofabed. In total we paid  RM799+RM12 (installation cost)+RM65 (delivery cost)

Till then, toodles!

2 comments:

sectional sofa said...

just received this furniture today. i had been looking quite a bit for this style and at a decent price and had just about given in to paying $1200.00 or more until a friend pointed me to Amazon. it was hard to pass up this deal at $999.00 including delivery! the furniture is exactly as described and dare i say even better...it looks fantastic on my large balcony where i was having issues with patio furniture sets looking swallowed up in a large space. please be aware, the free shipping means it will be delivered to your front door; that's it. i live on the 25th floor and it was up to me to take the furniture out of the boxes, transport them up the elevator, unpack the furniture out of the plastic then break down the boxes for recycling. the only reason i complain is because i was not advised of this by the supplier or shipper until the truck pulled up at my building. now that the unpacking is behind me i'm enjoying the heck out of this!

Berry Escobar said...

This small sofa product took 5 weeks to be delivered, it came in two large boxes for me to put together..absolutely thee cheapest quality of furniture I've ever seen!! Not Amazon, but the third party seller should be ashamed to sell this item!!