Thursday, August 02, 2012

My Hari Raya budget...

Okay, I have to admit ( no matter how much I hate to) that I may have burst or go beyond my budget in preparation for the Raya celebrations.  You see, I have it all nicely done up. Should not be a cent more. But alas, the lust (amboi lust!) of buying stuff got the best of me.

So here is how I did my budget.  This is not inclusive of my monthly expenses to go to work and whatnot.
Baju raya (2 pairs) – RM350. 1 pair for RM100 while the other, I got it at RM250
Kuih raya – RM120
Kasut raya – none this year. Just wear whatever new shoes that I’ve bought for work
Duit raya for mum & aunties – RM360
Duit raya for nieces & nephews – RM120. I don’t have to budget that much for this year since I still have a lot of balance from last year :)
Duit raya for kids (other not so close relatives) – RM100
Duit balik kampong  – RM200. I always make sure I have some money when balik kampong, you never know when you might need it..you know, for a roti canai or two J

Duit minyak – RM100

Duit toll – RM30
Unexpected expenses:

Sunnies/shades for hubs – RM410.  This is after 50% discount at an outlet in Subang Parade. I call it unexpected because I didn’t  budget for it. It’s okay, I shall consider this as his future birthday present. Bile time I offer nak belikan, tak nak.  :p                Grrrr!

So in total my raya budget is ……RM1380 + RM410 = RM1790.

When you don’t list it down, you will not realize how much you have or will spend for Raya. So it’s good to do this..at least I know where I am at and whether or not I should be spending any more than what I have (or have not..sebab terbabas jugak ni) budgeted for this year. Moderation is best.
Till then, toodles. Happy budgeting everyone!

No comments: