Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Women & hair

There is no doubt that women are vain beings. Kalau tak banyak pun, sikit mesti ada. Tipula kalau lalu shopping mall ke, when you go inside a lift and see the mirror that you never check yourself out. I do that..nampak cermin automatic kena tengok. On my part, I would say that I want to make sure that everything is where it should be..no wardrobe malfunctions. Hehe..


Well, hair and I...hmm.. Sometimes my hair is my own enemy. Don't know when I can stop going for treatments. I envy those with straight or less problematic hair :p
I have to do some touch up on my rebond hair twice a year. Yes, I am blessed with frizzy and degil hair..got it from my dad's genes. Sungguhlah time and money and energy consuming. Tapi kalau tak buat..this hair of mine, will be poofy and so hard to care for.


For some women, they go for the routine visit to the stylist either for some hair treatment, the usual wash + cut + blow, perming, colouring etc. We just want to look good..for our own self and/or our partners (read boyfriend or husband) hence it's a norm to be spending just a little bit on our crowning glory.  It depends on the needs and wants of each person. For me, dah bukan wants dah..memang its a need to go through this grueling session twice a year. 
Here is what I have to go through each and every single time. Dah tak heran dah..siap boleh discuss dengan stylist how best we could get through the session. hehe.. Roughly the whole process will take about 4 to 4.5 hours.


1. wash
2. the stylist will put some cream on the hair. leave it for 10 minutes
3. wash again
4. the stylist (sometimes 2 stylists will do my hair at the same time..rambut tebal!) will use the hot iron to straighten my hair. This takes the LONGEST time. 30 minutes macam tu.
5. apply the cream that neutralises the first cream. 
6. Under the hair steamer for 15 minutes
7. wash AGAIN
8. Blowdry
9. Iron one last time. Tapi the recent one that I went to skipped this part sebab ramai customer. Geram betul. So if lepas cuci in a few days tak straight I will go back to them to redo. 


So here is a few pictures of step 5 to 8. Didn't take the ironing part because I was shy..nak snap sana sini, segan. :)


After the ironing. Boleh casting horror flick ni. 

Erykah Badu lookalike? 
They put on some treatment cream before...
....steaming my hair. I like this part. So soothing :)


AND Voila! The 4 hours torture's done. And no, I was too lazy to snap the end result piccie. Straight hair je, nothing  extravagant :)


No comments: