Wednesday, January 18, 2012

When you have a car...

you will need to spend on a whole lot of stuff. Put aside the routine service that's required from time to time, depending on what car you have, on average we have to spend about RM200 to 400 per service (when there are no major changes needed).

So an on annual basis, I know I have to fork out the ka-ching for these three important things:

1. Renewing my driving licence = RM 60 for 2 years + (RM 15 because the next renewal date is made on my birthday) = RM75
2. Renewal of auto insurance. This time I went with Etiqa as it was the nearest branch available. I did go through MyEg but the system was giving me all sorts of problems that I decided to heck with it, baik pergi over the counter terus. = RM 572.44
3. Renewal of roadtax = RM 70 + RM 2 (service charge or something) = RM 72

Number 1 and 3 were done at the local post office. I just can't do it through MyEg..can't take the system that was always trying to test my patience. Sepuluh juta kali masuk info for my auto insurance tak boleh jugak. So to be safe, I opted for OTC service for all 3.

In total, just this month alone I spent RM720 on those 3 things. It's a known fact for all car owners out there, nak drive sana sini mesti ready-readykan the moolahs every year :) I'm glad I drive a small local car. Can't afford a beemer yet. Lol. I would faint at how much I would have to spend if I have one. :)  

Wonder how much you guys spend on yours? An annual exercise that does not make me slim, but makes my purse slim(mer) instead. 

Toodles!


Yeay! Completed my first hurdle of the year :)

No comments: