Sunday, January 17, 2010

To the Peak and back!



This is proof that we walked up, all the way.

To take my mind of the challenging walk, I spent some time taking pictures:)

Once upon a Saturday evening, I received a text message asking, "Do you wanna hike up to the Peak tomorrow from Central?". And to this I answered, "Okay, I'm game." This came out without giving much thought of the challenge that lay ahead. I figured, okay it's going to be hard but I don't think it'll kill me.

Boy was I wrong! Miss SoSho were supposed to go with us as well, but I guess the bed was a better choice for her on a Sunday afternoon. And so off we go, the three of us from my apartment all the way up to The Peak. (we stopped by Park n Shop for some supplies..food supplies that is!..hahaha)

Within 15 minutes of the journey, I was already huffing and puffing. At this point we have not reached the pathway specifically to go up. We were just ON the way to the pathway..OMG! Mich kept asking, "are we nearing already?"

And so we kept on walking, and walking, and huffing and puffing.. (and me praying that I do not faint and go tumbling down). Every time I saw a bench ( they prepare benches along the way for people to rest) I felt like I just need to sit down and rest. But I know better not to do that, I know if I did, I would not be able to continue the walk.

After about an hour (with a-taking-our-own-time walking pace), we managed to reach the Peak. Was I happy! I could finally rest my sore feet. We had lunch at one of the restaurants there, Mich had spaghetti while I had seafood pizza. Yummy yummy! Yup, not planning to lose weight today, but hey, I had lots of fun!

All in all, it was a happy day for us. The weather was great, the company was the best :)

No comments: