Thursday, February 09, 2012

Spaghetti aglio olio with prawns and veggies

Yeah...me in the kitchen? Memang amazing..but I have to say I have grown leaps and bounds over the past few months. Budak baru belajar la katakan. I have learned how to make curry walaupun kadang-kadang I felt like there was something off with the taste..masak lemak cili api pun is so-so. For now, I have to abstain from cooking things with santan..less santan, more veggies.


Hubs likes to eat the aglio olio style spaghetti and since he can't eat food with chilli for the time being, jadi terpaksalah masak kurang or no chilli for now. As for me I love babycorns..love it because they are so sweet and nice to eat :) So campak nearly every single sayur that I find in the fridge..Also it's a good menu whenever I am lazy to cook up a storm (storm sangat ke?).


Of course you need the main ingredient - spaghetti :). A dash of EVOO to avoid the spaghetti from sticking together and a good pinch of salt for flavouring.

Diced onions, garlic, capsicum (for the colour and a bit of flavour), prawns, snowpeas, babycorn, diced potatoes, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO made famous by Rachel Ray) and pepper. Bough the pepper grinder from Aino Living at Empire for RM9.90. Cute eh?

The final output. I combined EVOO with normal cooking oil sebab I don't quite like the taste of EVOO. Tapi bila makan kat luar takde pulak bau and rasa olive tu kuat sangat. Anyone can recommend a good brand of EVOO? The snowpeas are really crunchy and sweet..yumms..

2 comments:

The Star Gazer said...

The trick is to use normal & plain OO rather than EVOO...

diana zainal said...

Ahhhhhh...thanks babe. I memang tak minat rasa olive tu kuat sangat bila masak. ok, will need to buy plain OO after this. tulah banyak sangat influence rachel rayla, jamie oliverla..mwhaha..they look like they can drink the whole bottle.