Monday, February 01, 2010

When Harry met Sally?


Whoopss..It should be how Syamsul Met Yana..that’s much better. How it all started? We did not actually bump into each other.. it's none of those love at first sight things. It’s definitely not like how people fall in love.. youknow, like in the movies. Letak phone number atas windscreen ke, pass note at the library to get to know each other ke.. none of these things. I wonder if people really experience this…hehe..

Ours was nothing out of the ordinary. It started from a normal friendship. Really, just a normal friendship of the typical ‘His and Byes’ when we were doing our diploma course. He was not my kind of guy.. and (I think) I was not his kind of girl.He dated other people.. I dated other people. Somehow we got closer during the final semester there where we often texted each other ( yeah, calling using our mobile phones were not cheap ok back then.. text message la murah sikit..hehe).

From thereon we went out together, still not calling it a relationship. And being the brave soul that I am, I was the one who asked him out first! (not on a date, more of going out to run some errands..I think my first excuse was that I needed to buy cough syrup for Naz yang batuk tak elok2...hey, that was true, cuma alasan nak keluar je tak berapa concrete :) ). Also we did balik KL and Melaka sama-sama.. FYI, he took the bus especially for me. :) Tapi tak selalu balik KL pun, sebab we started going out nearing the completion of our course. I remember the bus ride home, I asked Miss Naz if I can sit with Syamsul..hehe.. thank you for being okay to sit alone on the bus, jasamu dikenang Miss Naz. Who would’ve thought for such a small deed, your friends ended up getting married..betul tak?

It became a serious relationship in February 2002 (I think), our final diploma semester, siap bawak bunga lagi cik abang I ni. (Where did he learn all this?). And from thereon, we dated..went to pursue our degree in Shah Alam. Initially we were in different classes. Tak silap during the second year, we enrolled in the same class, macam mane pun tak ingat. We were in the same class in the last few semesters. Some lecturers knew about us, some maybe just could smell it..hehe.. takdela sampai nak duduk together saja. I think we rarely sat together in class and also I was never, or rarely in the same group projects as he.

We graduated, went on working and continued dating. The relationship evolved (macam evolve jadi mutant la pulak…), and we got hitched….. to each other that is! :) It was a mutual understanding that in 2008, we’d be married. And so we did.

To sum it all up, how we met and how we decided to be together is definitely not like in the rom-com, or romance novels.. It’s not out of this world. But I love it! And so, that is how Harry Met Sally/ Syamsul Met Yana…keh,keh,keh..

Hunny, happy anniversary and let’s pray for more happy happy anniversaries to come!

7 comments:

NazLurve said...

happy anniversary to both of you!!!

anyway, seriously i x igt bout sitting alone dlm bus tu bcos u nak dok with syamsul.. hehe.. baik nyer i time tu.. hahhahaha!

ya ya yg pasal ubat batuk tu i mmg ingat.. hahahha.. x silap i ubat batuk cap kelapa laut kan... kekeke..

diana zainal said...

thanks Naz. yang balik KL tu I think satu kali tu aje because kita dah nak grad dah mase tu. :) yeah, ubat batuk cap kelapa laut.. that's the one! haahhaha.. siap plan with you on what excuse shd I give to ask him to teman me.. :)

diana zainal said...

thanks Naz. yang balik KL tu I think satu kali tu aje because kita dah nak grad dah mase tu. :) yeah, ubat batuk cap kelapa laut.. that's the one! haahhaha.. siap plan with you on what excuse shd I give to ask him to teman me.. :)

nuhaafnan said...

yana, i love ur how yana met syamsul story. hehe, so non-dramatic! sweet ajer, a friendship that developed into sthing more special. that's rare.

Sharinginfoz said...

that what has been decided for us.. very interesting.... apa yang penting how we maintain the good relationship

Siapa Nak Promo Blog???

Sedapnya Cendol….

Handphone Discount Sehingga 70%????

diana zainal said...

Kak anne: Tulah, the funny thing is, me and him, we're so different and yet I think the differences make us a good fit. I siap gave him advice on his relationship with his then girlfriend lagi.. how cool is that? Masa tu memang takde feeling apa pun kat dia. :)

sharinginfoz: alamak, nak panggil awak ape ni? saya tak tau nama la..I like reading your blog tapi baru start :). Yes, it's true, how to maintain the relationship is most important.

The Star Gazer said...

Congratulations babe!!!

Very cute story and at least it didn't involve anyone tripping and falling in public... hahahah