Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Of bulging tummy and a happy (nearly surprised to death)me!

The culprits
Helen, Angela, Mich, Sonia, Pinky and Tony

The roles
Sonia – as the main coordinator. I’m guessing that she is the one who worked with the rest on this idea.

Tony – the one who should be keeping a surprise as a surprise, but always nearly blowing the cover.

Mich & Helen – the gals who went to buy the cake.

Pinky – another culprit playing her role in the small but sweet event.

The location
My favourite Thai restaurant at Soho – Cafe Siam.

How the culprits played their role.
Nobody wished me happy birthday in the morning. Everyone was busy doing their work.. Mich and Helen were busy packing stuff as they needed to move their workspace to a different location. Boo hoo hoo!

When it was lunchtime, Sonia went with me to get some lunch and she was leading me towards Soho. We ate so much the night before that I did not feel like eating so much today. Sonia wanted to bring me to this Indian restaurant where they offer cheap buffet or something. Mich and Helen were having their own lunch plan.. or so they said.

Sonia and I last-last masuk Cafe Siam. Ape kes? I smelled something funny already and I was so inquisitive asking why were we going into Cafe Siam when she said the Indian restaurant was cheaper?

The first person that I saw was Tony, followed by a big SURPRISE shout out by Angela and Pinky. When I said BIG, it was really big and loud. My jantung went over my head again (like what I felt when I was on the roller coaster ride). NOTE: I don’t recommend Angela’s surprise shout out to people aged 60 and above..haha..

All in all..on top of adding the much needed fat (what? I’ve gotta be kidding!) from eating the nice thai food and yummy chocolate cake, the small get together was a nice and pleasant surprise.

Hugs and kisses to all the sweet culprits! I will forever remember this birthday celebration.

All my life, I have never imagined that I would have the chance to travel, whatmore experiencing a birthday celebration in Hong Kong. Daddy if you’re still around, you’d be very proud of your 3 daughters. Eh? I should not be emotional on my birthday right? I should be happy! I am happy…eventhough I have a bulging tummy! Yikes!


Pictures will be posted soon. I just need to get it from Miss Helen. It was a surprise so I did not bring my SE phone with the better camera. Dang!

No comments: