Monday, December 14, 2009

Bangkok Express

see the title? Yup, fly in,fly out. That was how fast my holiday ended.. Reached Bkk at about 2am. My host was already asleep at the time. Super tired I tell you. Friday morning we woke up around 10am and went straight to the Platinum shopping mall. My o my, they have so many things there..and so many pretty and cheap dresses. My eyes were so bulat looking at the choices available. And Yune kept on updating me with the latest info..'we are just on the x floor, we have another y floor to go' was what she said to me at every floor.

I think we went back to her place at about 9ish.. which was all right. I just could not believe that we spent a good 6 hours or so at just 1 shopping mall. I did not buy that many clothes, it's just that I got so engrossed with the things they had to offer there. Really nice and cool stuff..

On Saturday, we woke up late.. i was ready to laze around when Yune said,'Get up! You're in Bkk, you should go out girl!' .. and so lazily I dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom to take a shower.

Our first stop was Emporium where we had a quick lunch (why do we always have quick lunches? I was on a holiday for goodness sakes!). But that's okay, we had to meet the rest of the volunteers to go to someplace (like a kampung area) to teach a few Thai kids English. Simple English words to be exact.

It is just so funny for me.. I don't know the language but I managed to teach Cha ( the thai kid) some English words. She could not remember all but it was all right. Yang susah for her to remember are words like fingers, window, cloud.. maybe because they are difficult to pronounce.

After the class, both Yune and me went to Siam Paragon to look at a few stuff.. (read: identifying what to buy next) before we headed towards the nail parlour. The price was quite all right. RM100 for foot and hand spa, including mani and pedi.. we wanted to go to the cheaper one but it was full and we didn't want to wait..oh well, probably next time :)

With nails nicely done, we went to have dinner at a place called Fish Cafe (sebijik like Manhattan Fish Shop only yummier) and ordered some nice food. I don't really dig Manhattan Fish Market but this Fish Cafe served quite nice seafood.

We reached home at about 9ish and I packed my stuff for my flight. Woke up around 8am on Sunday and then went for a quick breakie at a nearby coffee place (named Coffee Alley) before making my way to the airport.

Good holiday..also good on the purse. (psstt.. I did not spend all my money! I am sooooo good!)



No comments: