Tuesday, December 29, 2009

RM50 for every credit card?what say you?

http://www.mstar.com.my/berita/cerita.asp?file=/2009/12/29/mstar_berita/20091228211748&sec=mstar_berita

Read in the news that beginning next year service tax will be charged to all credit card holders. RM50 for those with the principal cards and and RM25 to all supplementary cards. I missed out the earlier articles about this topic and the rationale behind charging GSTs on the CCs. Mental note : just google them up later to read and know more about it.

Told hunny about it and apparently he has cards that have been zerorised (and no more in use) but still active. I am now his PA to remind him things..hehe.. he said he needs to remind himself to cancel the card. :)

I cannot make any comments on the news because I have not done enough research on the topic. So no argument(s) on the subject matter for now.

As for me, I have hunny’s supplementary card because last time when I tried to apply from H*B* (hehe, not so subtle now is it?), they rejected my application because they could not find any debt info on me. What the hey? At time of application I only had my car loan under my name and no credit cards.. so I was a CC virgin. And, by doing simple maths, both hunny and I knew that I was eligible for the card. What made me a bit angry was because I was in a rush at the time to fly to Amsterdam for a 3-week course. Manala tau kena pakai duit sendiri in case of emergency ke, bolehla pakai card tu.

In the end, no CC but I survived. Nasib I didn’t need to have extra cash/ credit during the course. Phew!

Story #1 on the GST on CCs memang not so relevant with story #2 on my rejected CC application experience. :)

No comments: