Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Donna Chang Bodymist vs Flora by Gucci


Never, ever buy perfumes based on the prettiness of the bottle. That’s what I did. Big mistake. I ended up not liking the smell of Flora by Gucci (FG). I do not like strong smelling perfumes, and this one is kind of strong for my sensitive nose. My sister said,”Don't tell me you bought it because of the bottle?” Well, of course I didn’t! I mean, the big bad bottle helped in brainwashing me brains into buying the perfume (that was on 45% discount so when it is converted to RM it was RM150 for the 50ml bottle). So I though it was a good buy..and I thought I liked the smell...initially. Heck,Gucci did a pretty darn good ad that mesmerized me and made me buy FG! (blame it on Gucci's ad agency!)

However, all is not lost because my sister likes it so I am giving it to her, furthermore she can save her moolahs for something else. Lama tahan perfume tu I rasa, pakai sikit je dah bau kuat.

On a more positive note, the last time I was in Bangkok ( eh, macam pernah pergi banyak kali je padahal baru je sekali), I bought this body mist from Donna Chang. I think it is a local Thai brand. I love the smell very very much and my sis agrees with me as well.
It is not super long lasting like how a perfume is but you can always spray them again probably after lunch or something. The smell is very refreshing and … NICE! Can’t really describe how it is but it is very nice.

I bought a 140ml bottle for RM75 (after 15% discount). And I smell so goooooood! Hehe… darn! Come to think of it, I could have bought another 2 bottles of DC from the RM150 that I spent on FG. Issokay, at least FG is now going to another person..tak membazir.
Here is DC’s website. I don’t think it's avail in Msia though..i have not really surfed their site.
http://www.donna-chang.com/

Moral of the story :
1. sometimes cheaper stuff is better than those expensive branded ones.
2. don’t buy perfumes based on the beauty of the bottles. Looks can be deceiving :). Okay, maybe this point only applies to me. I think people out there buy perfumes based on the smell that they like.
3. Elakkan pembaziran, sharing is caring. I was lucky that my sis is in need of a new perfume and that she likes the FG. So she will take it home with her.

Note: must order from Yune 2 or 3 more bottles when she comes to HK.. or bring them home with her when she goes back to Msia.

1 comment:

NazLurve said...

hehe.. as i am as much of a perfume freak myself... memang kadang2, beli sbb design bottle nyer jugak. but normally bila ada 2 perfumes that i like and only kena choose one, so i'll choose the one yang botol cantik gak.. hehe.. :P