Tuesday, November 10, 2009

introducing Sam - short for Syamsul

hehehe.. me thinks that name is so not him.. SAM, SAM, SAM.. suddenly this reminds me of the Deepavali advert when the granny said 'what SAM, SAM, SAM? What is your real name' (dialogue may have been changed due to my lack of memory).
And the boy answered,'Muthusamy Karuppiah'.. or something like that.

Well since it is quite difficult for people here to pronounce my hunny's name.. he decided to introduce himself as Sam..kekekeke.. nak terguling-guling when I heard him say his new name. :) This is for the sake of making things easier for my friends :) Takdela terbelit-belit lidah they all nak say his name.

That also brings me to this subject of - nama yang panjang. I was trying to book a flight ticket only via Emirates, but since their system tak biasa terima nama panjang2 agaknya, it is making my life difficult to even book one. They say to follow passport but the system does not allow for space.. abis tu takkan jadi TunkuFaradiana kot? pulak tu when I finished entering me daddy's name, it prompt to say that the characters cannot be more than 28.

so then it will become TFaradiana (first name) TZainalAbidin (last name). Aiyoo.. lagi la salah macam ni? how la, how???

And the funny thing is - this is linked to the tab where we have to put our name that is displayed on the credit card .. suka ati diorang je. In the end on the credit card tab for name jadi TFaradiana. Dah salah jugak ni. I tell you.. i so pening kepala la.. I can't cut short my name simply because I'll have so much trouble when checking in nanti. I don't want to take AA because it is more expensive (weird eh?) and then MAS pulak takde flight on the dates that I want.

Kesimpulan of the story.. I have decided to give simple names to my children nanti sebab cik Sam punya nama is also panjang already. Kasihan they all nanti..
For instance, for girls it would be Melissa (initially wanted to have Melissa Airiss tapi dah panjang sangat la pulak), or Airiss or Eleyna.. haaa. senang cerita and senang they all nak buat passport segala bagai..kekeke.. for boys it would be something like .. Aiman, Rayyan, Izhan (took this from my cuzzy's name)..

What say you? I've been through a lot of problems due the length of my name and I do hope that my children will not have to go through the same thing.
Note: Nama di atas dipilih sendiri tanpa persetujuan Sam..hehehe.. and no, I'm not expecting yet.

2 comments:

nuhaafnan said...

cett, panjang2 cerita ceriti abt nama anak lah whatnot, skali no bun in the oven pun.

just kidding, well a girl can berangan right? btw, Airiss and Rayyan are beautiful names...

diana zainal said...

hehe.. kak anne..diana memang suka plan name ape.Syok! Tapi sekali bila dah ade terlupa nanti nama ape nak letak. belum ada rezeki lagi. Sekali kalau dapat, dapat kembar terus kan..kekekeke.. :)