Monday, September 03, 2012

When My Hong Kong Friend Comes for a Visit

My good old buddy Helen had some work in KL and she had been trying to meet up with me for a long time but our schedule would often clash. Helen used to be in the same department at our I** Regional Office in HK..that's where actually I got to meet her. I initially thought she was fierce..hehe.. but she's cool and funny! She was here during the 1.5 weeks towards the end of Ramadan and I just could not find the right time to see her.

In the end, I managed to squeeze in some time and picked her up from Shangri La right after buka puasa and brought her to Jalan TAR to eat the Nasi Briyani at Insaf. Mind you, this was even the first for me, visiting Jalan TAR days before the Raya celebrations. So many people I tell you! I felt like a tourist myself..always hanging on to my bag and watching over Helen.

We had our yummy dinner and then moved on to see some Baju Raya clothes and to show her around. Really felt like a tour guide as I explained to her a lot of things about Malaysia and especially about Hari Raya.. unfortunately there was nothing that I liked there, so I went home empty handed. Nevertheless, I bought for Helen a very nice scarf at RM7.. so cheap right? Btw, I really salute those who brought kids to do Raya shopping at Jalan TAR.. phew! penat I tell ya. Tak boleh nafas terlampau ramai orang..

Miss Helen Ha and I at Restoran Insaf Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman

No comments: