Friday, July 10, 2009

the start of a new life..in Hong Kong

I said my goodbyes, shed some tears. Didn't know I was ready for the big world.

First day of arrival

HK has really good public transportation i tell u. From the airport, I bought the octopus card and boarded the airport express to Hong Kong Central.
As I stepped down, the taxi place was just in front of my eyes. Cool.

Arrived at the Soho Apartment. It's nice and has a modern touch, except it does not have an iron. Darn.. another item to add to the checklist.

Of course I had more air terjun membasahi pipi. It was just so overwhelming being all alone in a place that is so alien to me.

Second day

Things definitely got better. I only ate Maggi mee the first day. I found Subway Sandwiches and I had the tuna sandwich.. it's not my fancy, but it'll do until I found a halal place to eat or I have sufficient stuff to do cooking

Third day (first day of reporting at Regional Office)

Everything went well. Made friends with a few people and there is one particular person who is very warm and nice to me.. to everybody in fact. She reminds me of good 'ol Karen :)

oh, and I have a laptop. I don't know why. I think I am fine with just the PC . Well, as long as I can do work with it.

Note : It only takes 15 minutes of brisk walking (using the pedestrian bridge) from my apartment to the office. I timed myself the day that I went recce'ing' the office.

2 comments:

NazLurve said...

Good to know that u r settling well darling.. take care!

The Star Gazer said...

Cik Yana, more post please!! rajin2 hapdet tau... take care now..