Wednesday, January 07, 2015

2014's Investment for the Future..

Over je title kan?

It's 2015. The beginning of the year. And I think I have achieved nearly all the major items that I've been wanting to have.

So finally we have a kitchen cabinet (KC) and a helper at home. The main expenses in 2014 were definitely from the installation of the KC and applying for a helper.

Workmanship and KC installation = RM 12000
Rubine hood and hob = RM1300
Rubine kitchen sink = RM540

So in total we spent RM13840 , that's almost 14k. And the next biggest chunk would be the hiring of our helper which cost us RM10,000. 

Towards end of December I thought that baby L should not just be at home for the whole day so we decided to enrol her in a montessori nearby for a half a day programme. So that took another chunk of moolah. RM1550 not inclusive of January's fees of another RM350.

Finally gotten a KC after almost 4 years of living at the not-so-new house. It's a big investment, hopefully it'll last long :).

So what did i give up in order to buy all this? No designer shoes, not even that many shoes to be exact.. especially not for my baby. Heck I don't even buy clarks for myself..there is no way I would spend a bomb on something as silly as that (unless I earn at least RM15k a month, then maybela). Plus kids overgrow shoes quite fast so rugi belikan mahal..hehe..

Also, have not bought an expensive handbag or make ups for a while now. And that was not a problem for me. Dior, Mac, Simply Siti ke and the rest can wait. 

Latest gadgets?hmm..Let me see.. Well the only thing i bought was the Samsung S5 and yes my old iphone was working fine at the time but I needed a much bigger phone.. susah nak baca kecik2.

The most important thing is, we did not choke ourselves with a big long term liability such as buying a new car this year ( yup, the myvi is turning 8 but it is doing all right). If at all, that would probably be my 2015 goal. Not really a necessity but definitely will be more comfy for the family. Itupun kena kira betul-betul.. whether I would want to separate with an increased amount of car loan installment every month. Hati mau tapi purse kata JANGAN! NEHI NEHI!

So yeah, I think I was quite disciplined last year (eventhough I bought many hijabs :) ). Don't really have to worry about my other half.. he rarely spends on himself too.

Always plan for the future, some are lucky to have people to turn to when they are in need. But those who are independent and want to stay independent, plan wisely (kalau tergelincir sikit-sikit tu ok je).

Tambah lagi satu goal for 2015 - nak save enough for 2016. kenapa? it's a secret! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across your blog and I enjoyed reading your amazing stories. Interested to collaborate? Email me at nurul.aini@zalora.com.my. I couldn't find your email so I am leaving a comment to u. Hope to hear soon. Thanks! Ps: this is NOT a spam yah haha :)

Unknown said...

Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website kami www.kumpulbagi.com atau www.facebook.com/kumpulbagi/ untuk info selengkapnya.

Di sana anda bisa dengan bebas share dan mendowload foto-foto keluarga dan trip, music, video, filem dll dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)