Thursday, June 26, 2008

when i was young...

i was kinda smart.. my school had so many students that they had to split us into 2 sessions.. so there were 2 sessions for those in standard 1 to 3, and one class had about 40 students (i think).

why am i talking about this? i don't know.. i read Mizzy's blog and it dawned to me. I always achieved the top three in school up till standard 6.. I was number 1 among the whole batch of students when I was standard 2, standard 3 and maybe another one but i can't recall. For the rest, it was always the top 3 in class if not the among whole batch of God-knows how many students... on top of that I was always best in something.. sometimes it was English sometimes Malay and others (maybe not sports though).

However, my parents rarely attended my prize-giving ceremony nor did they ever celebrated my achievements.. Looking at Mizzy and Deli celebrating their children, i could not help but feeling a bit envious.

Yup, it's been so long but you can never forget. It was always a simple 'Good, you've done well' or sometimes nothing at all because it was always expected of me to be the best. And I was always sick when I was younger, so to have gotten good grades really surprised a lot of people.

I pray that when both of us become parents, we shall always remember to appreciate the efforts of our lil kiddies. The littlest celebrations do mean a lot to the young ones.. it should not necessarily involve money. Just being with them can make them feel like their on top of the World!

1 comment:

The Star Gazer said...

Yana,
you guys will be good parents. In fact every parent is good in his/her own way.

Then again, even great parents make mistakes. We can only hope and pray that we can make less of them and not repeat that of our parents.